Thursday, August 18, 2011

Anniversary

There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.  ~Author Unknown




Today is the 16th anniversary of the day Zacs dad passed away in a car accident. His family is a wonderful one, and it hurts to see them all - Zac included -suffering over his loss.  He must have been an amazing man, because his family loves and talk about him daily. They miss him terribly and I am sad that Zac thinks about the fact that his dad never got to see him grow into a man. Never got to meet his grandchildren. I wish I had known him, because someone who all of these people I love simply adored him - he had to have been amazing. Zac was only 6 when he lost him, and I know how much his dads presence has been missed in his life. Looking at the few pictures I've seen, it's easy to see why his whole family sees David in Zac. I can easily see David in Wyatt, as a matter of fact.  With all that's going on in our house right now- all the loss and potential and loss already gone by...it's hard to even know what the ache in my chest is even for at any given time. I don't have to have known Zac's dad to know I would have loved him, and I mourn his family's loss of him.








I kidnapped this picture off Zac's Aunt Cheryl's Facebook today...Zac's mom and dad are on the left. His aunts Cheryl and Marcie are the crazy ladies in the middle =)
Rest Peacefully - I wish you could see the man your son has become, and the man he will help your grandson to be. You would be so proud.  

No comments: